Sunday, May 2, 2010

Metamorphosis Monday--it's been a while

This is mostly a 'so-far' metamorphosis...I want to finish it up but could use some suggestions.

Before - and please excuse the ratty looking cat scratch post there...apparently I need to reattach that rope---again! Oh yeah...that tub of fabric on top too...sigh. I need to work on my pictures!

tabletop before

Here's the after. tabletop

I am thinking about painting the trim gold...needs a few more coats of modge podge...and it looks a lot cuter in person! My cost for this was around 35 cents! The tray is one of a set from Freecycle. The cutouts are all from saved J.Peterman catalogs...I adore those catalogs...for the stories as much as for the items in it. See for yourself here: http://www.jpeterman.com/

Maybe outlining the stuff with a paint pen? (sigh) I just don't know...but they are so cute in person! Going to do the other two in the set over the summer...as soon as I decide what to use. Took forever to save the catalogs!

Linking up to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch!

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2010/05/welcome-to-68th-metamorphosis-monday.html

I also made this over the past week...but more a show-offy thing rather than a metamorphosis! :D

book wreath

Here it is on the wall over my hubby's reading chair!

book wreath on wall

Another week of job hunting and dog bathing ahead...it really is fun.

Hugs,

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan-

    Your projects look great. I linked to the same party. Stop by if you have time.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book wreath is wonderful. Do you have a tutorial post for it? I would love to make one.

    Thanks for visiting the cottage and entering the giveaway. You can click on the button in my sidebar for ways to earn additional entries.

    Only nineteen more days until the drawing.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, good, bad or indifferent. I love reading them.