Thursday, April 2, 2009

Refinishing furniture by George Grotz

They were written back in the early 60's. I can't find any information as to whether or not he is still alive. Mr. Grotz has the most amazing author biography. I found several of his books through my local library system...the one I am currently reading is Decorating Furniture with a Little Bit of Class. Original cost on it was $1.95. He talks about finding old furniture for $2-15 dollars...wow. But he talks about older techniques for repairing and refinishing furniture...absolutely charming and funny way of writing. I picked up The Furniture Doctor at a library sale for $1...I suspect that I'll learn a lot from his books. And since I plan to work on a few projects this summer...let's see how much I can use!

Here is part of his bio:

"...When not writing his 'fictional nonfiction' (a genre he falsely claims to have invented), he messes around with his many hobbies: swimming, photography, flamenco dancing, embroidery, hopping, skipping, hairsplitting, and being married to a movie star."

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You are the Winner of the One year subscription to Real Simple!

    Please email me with your name & postal address so I can get the mags sent to the right place :)
    Thanks!
    Kally
    bitoflife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Grotz died almost 20 years ago I read his obituary on the net.....I read him just for a laugh...but his furniture refinishing was my bible

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, good, bad or indifferent. I love reading them.