Friday, February 13, 2009

The Dream of the Room

I was just over at Rhoda's http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot, and went over her entire tour of her beachy guest bedroom...it's dreamy. I've been wanting to do something similar in our den...which is in sore need of something! Maybe with a cottage-y twist to it. Cindy over at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ has the loveliest little place. Maybe a combo of the two? We rent our house, but we've been here 7 years, so maybe it's time to do a little more. Snickerdoodle painted her bedroom in lavender and white stripes a few years ago...she did a great job. Can't talk her into doing some sort of border at the top but, it's her room. She rearranges it periodically (wonder where she gets that). I painted Sunshine's bedroom several years ago too...light pink and the ceiling is very pale pink. The girls were in Tx so I took advantage of a long weekend. I plugged in a Clive Cussler book on a CD and painted away. I did their bathroom also in a vanilla color, planning ahead to when College Dude would move into a school apartment. I did the bathroom, decided the hallway needed it, along with the casing for the house fan...you know how it goes ;D. I want to do the loft and the den downstairs in a pale blue. The loft a blue so that it feels cooler up there. The sofa up there is denim, but I want to do a slipcover on that sofa this summer. Making a new cover for the sofa will take some doing, but I do think it will be fun to try. I will probably break down and get rid of the recliner up there. It belong to my FIL, but needs repair and I'm not sure that can be done.

So, I guess we'll see what happens as I go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Susie! Thanks for stopping by. I saw those lampshade covers you were talking about last year at the Atlanta merchandise market. They were very cool! I think the price is probably more than buying fabric would be, but it really was an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, good, bad or indifferent. I love reading them.